Friday, January 11, 2008

Veruca Salt

So this one was done entirely under the direction of Big Red. Because somehow, and I'm not proud of this, but somehow I managed to live most of my life without ever seeing Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Not only that, but I had never read the book. AND FURTHERMORE, I wasn't even acquainted with the general storyline.

Photobucket

Of course, I've seen it now, and read the majority of Roald Dahl's books, (Uncle Oswald, anyone?) but at the time I was flying blind.

So, not bad, all things considered. It's a bit strange that the shift to blue has a blue extreme in the middle before settling on something a bit more faded. I wonder why that happened?

And apparently, I really liked that goofy chewing loop, because I went on to cannibalize it for use in at least one other animation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry man but it was Violet Beauregarde who ate the three-piece-meal gum which turned her into a giant blueberry. Not Veruca Salt!

Guess you weren't kidding about not knowing your Wonka :P