Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ebert & Knowles

This animation was to commemorate Harry guest-hosting on Siskel & Ebert & the Movies after the death of co-host Gene Siskel.

Photobucket

Ever the thrifty soul, I took the opportunity to re-use the chewing loop that I had originally animated for the Veruca Salt Harry Head.

A hit-or-miss caricaturist at best, I was pretty proud of what I still think is a passable likeness of Mr. Ebert. Biting the head off was not meant as any sort of slam on Mr. Ebert, by the way. Just something for Harry to give the trademark thumbs-up to.

This was before I started framing these animations to block anything that went beyond the proper edge. As a result, you can see that Ebert is kind of a stumpy bust, and when Harry's hand comes up, you can clearly see it pass behind where the rest of Ebert's body should be. Of course nobody ever notices that sort of thing other than myself, but nonetheless, I've since made sure that it doesn't happen anymore.

Much like the Phantasm head, I have a hard time believing I was so restrained with the blood. Maybe I imagine myself to be more of a gorehound than I have ever justified. I will have to fix that at some point, I suppose.

No comments: