Sunday, January 6, 2008

Hollow Man

This one took a while.

Photobucket

Still seems like a pretty neat animation to me. It may actually hold up a bit better than the movie it was based on.

At the time, I had no idea how to use MASKs in Flash, so each peel-away frame was animated by actually erasing the surface of the outer head. In the end, it probably doesn't make much of a difference, though the masks might have saved me some file-size if the final destination had been a .SWF rather than an animated .GIF.

(What's the consensus on .GIF pronunciation, anyway? I always said "JIF," when I was working in complete isolation (which begs the question, Who did I say it to?) but now that I know other people who work with them, I find most people seem to say it with a hard "G." Just wonderin')

No comments: