Friday, March 28, 2008

Raiders of the Lost Ark

So this one I am both proud and ashamed of in equal measure. (Now I know how my parents must feel.)

Though you shake your head and say, "Surely it cannot be?!" still I assure you that this head was intended to be a send up of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Photobucket

The odd swinging-back-and-forth head at the open is meant to be Harry watching a spectre move. Instead, it just looks like the laziest of junk. I apologize profusely. Then the spectre itself is just a wisp of smoke, and then, suddenly, an oddly elaborate face-melt animation. What the?

Did I not have reference material? Of course I did.
Did I not reference it? ...I'm thinking, notsomuch.

How could such an iconic and easily-recognizable scene be botched so badly? Search me! Say what you want, but at least I own my suckiness.

On the other hand, I defy you to say the melt is not cool. HA! You've been defied. Not so nice, is it? You may counter by saying, "Cool, perhaps, but also not particularly true to the source material"

And if you do?

Then I say, "Well-played."

No comments: