Friday, March 28, 2008

American Beauty

One of the most well-remembered mastheads has got to be this one:

Photobucket

This is one of a small and select group of mastheads known as the boner-busters. (yes, only by me - I like to group things.) If you sit down to have some private time with the most heavily-rewound portions of your video collection, and suddenly have an animated Harry Knowles superimpose itself over Mena Suvari, then I know my efforts have not been wasted.

It has been pointed out to me, by the way, that this masthead is ridiculously inaccurate: in the film, this fantasy appears to Kevin Spacey on the ceiling above him, and so the rose petal should be drifting gently TOWARDS the viewer. If you also noticed this, then you should feel free to 'pin a rose on your nose' at your earliest convenience.

No comments: